No one knows for sure why people kiss. Some say it’s instinctual, pointing to the kissing behavior of certain animals as proof of this theory. Others says it’s learned behavior–after all, only about 90% of the world’s cultures participate in the activity of making out. The most commonly held scientific theory is that the close contact let’s us smell out the pheromones of our partner. The right pheromones equals the right mate or the wrong mate.
So what do you think? Why do you kiss? I’m guessing a lot of people just do it because it’s fun. Leave a comment for a chance to win a $5 Amazon gift card. Use the Rafflecopter link below to enter for the grand prizes!
Excerpt from To Hiss or to Kiss:
He purrs and moans as I come slowly back up, grazing his hard penis with my hands as I rise. He lets me turn him so he faces me, then I back him toward the bed and give a playful push. He falls back, grinning. He puts one hand behind his head and gives me a smoldering look as he crooks a finger on his free hand and beckons me onto him.
“You’re such a pushover.” I straddle him.
“Only for you, sweet Chloe.” He grins wickedly. “Now I think it’s only fair you show some skin too.”
“Oh, yeah? What if I just want to pet you?”
A bit of the cat gleams in his eyes. “But I want to see your beautiful flesh. I want to play with you, too.”
“Hmm, when you put it like that.” I lift my shirt over my head and fling it off the bed.
He sits up rapidly, leaning to lick along my collar bone as he undoes my bra. “Tasty.” His whisper makes me shiver.
He chuckles and the rumble feels decadent as he takes one breast into his mouth, teasing the nipple with his tongue. My hips start to swivel, my need for sensation growing. I run my fingers through his hair, throwing my head back to press my breasts into his kiss. Trailing kisses across my chest, he mumbles, “You are most definitely my catnip.”
“Glad to know I get you high.” I can barely manage the joking tone, given the way my body is reacting to his touch.
He pulls back and I meet his gaze. “In more ways than one.” He grins, flexing his penis a bit to emphasize.
I start giggling and he reaches to undo my pants.
He spies the boxers I borrowed this morning. “Already helping yourself, I see.” He dips his fingers below the waistline.
“I figured you wouldn’t mind.”
“Does this mean I get to keep your panties?”
I swat at him, giggling. “Pervert.”
At that he flips me onto my back with what appears to be very little effort, making me gasp as he efficiently strips me of pants and boxers in one fell swoop. “Now we’re even.” His eyes drink me in with so much heat I clench my thighs, my hips rising slightly off the bed. “God, you’re beautiful.” He leans down over me, his skin a fire along my body.
I push his shoulder lightly. “Hey, I was supposed to be the one in charge this time.”
He growls a little while kissing my neck.
“Is that a no to me being in charge?” I want to sound annoyed, but his tongue hits a sensitive spot behind my ear and it comes out as more of a moan.
“Doesn’t sound like you mind too much.” He sounds a little too satisfied.
I take the moment of distraction to wrap a leg around his and use my hip as a fulcrum as I put everything I have into a shoulder shove.
He at least moves a bit.
He chuckles, and I swat at him.
“This is not funny.”
He leans back so I can see the amusement in his face. “I kind of think it is.”
“Oh, yeah?” I reach down to squeeze his penis. He gasps, and I take that moment to complete a flip. “Just needed the proper distraction.” I move my hands up to his chest and kiss the soft curls that spread across his pecs.
“You play dirty.” His hands cup my butt. “No fair.” He groans as I gently bite his nipple.
“Now who doesn’t seem to mind too much?” I kiss my way down his torso.
What readers are saying about To Hiss or to Kiss:
- “I was impressed by the original storyline. Being an animal lover I felt the heartache for the animals and [Chloe’s] determination to help. Jorge was not the average alpha male BUT that is why I liked him so much.”
- “This book has it all. Interesting characters, funny, sad, and a little supernatural. Mixed with some great sex. What more could you ask for?”
- “The interactions between [Chloe] and her cats are priceless. Then when you add the mysterious Jorge to the mix, it gets even better. If you love animals or steamy romance, this is a great book.”
- “It was a pretty quick read, and I was spellbound. I loved Chloe and Jorge, and how their relationship grew. I also loved the way the animals in the story communicated with Chloe. It added a lot to the book and kept my interest piqued.”
- “I really enjoyed this book. The characters are very believable and easy to relate to. It pulled at my emotions and kept me reading to find out what would happen next.”