UPDATE: My game will be up on Tuesday, July 22nd, so make sure you head over to the event page to enter!
If you’re looking for the Mad Lib from Chelsea’s Multi-Author party, you’re in the right place. Slot your words in below! I’ll compile all the answers and do a post after the contest closes too. And if you haven’t been to the party, check it out here.
This snippet is from To Hiss or to Kiss, Book 1 of the Hidden Lines trilogy. To celebrate the recent release of book 3, To Hiss or to Kiss is on sale for 99 cents!
He lets me VERB him so he faces me, then I back him toward the NOUN and give a playful push. He falls back, -ING VERB. He puts one hand behind his head and gives me a smoldering look as he crooks a finger on his free hand and beckons me onto him.
“You’re such a NOUN.” I straddle him.
“Only for you, sweet Chloe.” He grins ADVERB. “Now I think it’s only fair you show some NOUN too.”
“Oh, yeah? What if I just want to VERB you?”
A bit of the cat gleams in his eyes. “But I want to see your ADJECTIVE flesh. I want to play with you, too.”
“Hmm, when you put it like that.” I lift my shirt over my head and VERB it off the bed.
He lets me turn him so he faces me, then I back him toward the bed and give a playful push. He falls back, grinning. He puts one hand behind his head and gives me a smoldering look as he crooks a finger on his free hand and beckons me onto him.
“You’re such a pushover.” I straddle him.
“Only for you, sweet Chloe.” He grins wickedly. “Now I think it’s only fair you show some skin too.”
“Oh, yeah? What if I just want to pet you?”
A bit of the cat gleams in his eyes. “But I want to see your beautiful flesh. I want to play with you, too.”
“Hmm, when you put it like that.” I lift my shirt over my head and fling it off the bed.
Chloe can “talk” to animals…so why can she hear the thoughts of this hot, green-eyed man?
Abandoned by her mother and raised by a father who’d given up on life, Chloe doesn’t let anyone get close. Lucky for her, she can communicate with animals—telepathically. Animals are the only people she needs. When a suspected dogfighting ring comes to her attention, Chloe decides to do a little spying. In her rush to win the dogs’ trust, she almost gets caught.
Until a sexy stranger intervenes, and she finds she can overhear his thoughts. She’s never been able to hear people, and this man’s about as sexy as she’s ever seen. It’s more than intellectual curiosity that drives her to discover his secret: he’s a jaguar shape-shifter, and the presence of this cat among the dogs might be a bit too much to handle. But the animal attraction is just too hot to resist, and the passion between them makes both the sparks—and the fur—fly…
What readers are saying about To Hiss or to Kiss:
- “I was impressed by the original storyline. Being an animal lover I felt the heartache for the animals and [Chloe’s] determination to help. Jorge was not the average alpha male BUT that is why I liked him so much.”
- “This book has it all. Interesting characters, funny, sad, and a little supernatural. Mixed with some great sex. What more could you ask for?”
- “The interactions between [Chloe] and her cats are priceless. Then when you add the mysterious Jorge to the mix, it gets even better. If you love animals or steamy romance, this is a great book.”
- “It was a pretty quick read, and I was spellbound. I loved Chloe and Jorge, and how their relationship grew. I also loved the way the animals in the story communicated with Chloe. It added a lot to the book and kept my interest piqued.”
- “I really enjoyed this book. The characters are very believable and easy to relate to. It pulled at my emotions and kept me reading to find out what would happen next.”