Review: Night Angel by Lisa Kessler
This is the story of Night Walker Colin and human Juliana. It is a sequel, which I have not read. I think if I had that I might have been able to get into this story a little more. There seems to be some complicated world building that took place in the previous story that I think would have rounded out Colin’s motivations more. Still, I was able to follow this story line.
The way Juliana is able to help Colin is a nice touch in their growing relationship, although their love felt fast. At times the characters’ motivations were repeated too many times and I found myself skimming. I give this book three cat kisses.
Review: A Shadow at Twilight by Mary Leo
This book is the story of high-powered lawyer Dillon and his assistant Hilly. Each year Dillon, who is a very demanding boss who is driven to please his overbearing father, takes a vacation to Colorado. This year, Hilly happens to also be vacationing in Colorado at the same time. When Dillon is in an accident, Hilly is called upon to help manage his care.
What I liked about this story was how, even though the characters deal with some heavy issues (including death), there is a lightness of tone that keeps the story from turning maudlin. It was a quick, enjoyable read. I give it 3.5 cat kisses.
Meet the authors
- Caridad Pineiro: NY Times and USA Today Bestseller Caridad Pineiro is a Jersey Girl who just wants to write, and travel. Caridad is the author of over 40 novels/novellas and loves romance novels, super heroes, TV and cooking.
- Chris Marie Green: Chris Marie Green is the author of the urban fantasy Vampire Babylon series from Ace Books and the Jensen Murphy, Ghost for Hire series from Roc, which features a fun-loving spirit from the 80s.
- Mary Leo: USA Today bestselling author Mary Leo writes romance, paranormal romance, romantic suspense, and mystery.
- Elisabeth Stabb: Elisabeth Staab loves happy endings, strong coffee, and “restore your faith in humanity” stories. She lives in Washington DC with her family.
- Erin Quinn: NYT bestselling author Erin Quinn writes dark paranormal romance. Her books have been called “riveting,” “brilliantly plotted” and “beautifully written.”
- Janet Wellington: Janet Wellington writes award-winning contemporary & paranormal romance. Publishers Weekly: she creates “characters readers root for from page one.”
- Sheri Whitefeather: Sheri Whitefeather is an award-winning, bestselling romance author. Her books are generously spiced with love, passion and sinfully hot heroes.
- Theresa Meyers: Award-winning author Theresa Meyers writes the Sons of Midnight, Shadow Sisters, Legend Chronicles, Vector Force and Enochian Brotherhoood series.
- Lisa Kessler: Lisa Kessler is an Amazon Best Selling author of dark, passionate, paranormal romance, including the Award-Winning Night Series and Moon Series.
- Erin Kellison: Erin Kellison is the New York Times bestselling and award-winning author of dark fantasy romance, including the Shadow series and the Reveler series.
- Maureen Child: USA Today bestselling author Maureen Child is the award winning author of more than 130 romance novels in several different genres.
- Cassi Carver: Cassi Carver is the author of sexy urban fantasy, contemporary romance, and paranormal romance.