Today I’ve got an interview with fellow Red Hot Author Cafe writer Beverly Ovalle.
- What does your writing process look like? I usually have one tab open to the internet so I can look up anything I think I need while I write. I’ve been trying to work within a plotting framework but I’m a seat of the pants kind of girl.
- Do you have any strange writing habits? Can we say messy? I usually end up writing all snuggled in my bed in front of my laptop. I have an old hospital serving tray type thing that I picked up at the thrift store that is perfect for my laptop so it is in front of me with another section that holds my various beverages and a snack, my phone and kindle. Once I’m comfortable in my nest I start to write.
- What is your favorite/least favorite part of the writing process? Remembering my characters personal characteristics. I try to write the basics all down but if I forget I have to go back and read what I’ve written and end up editing everything to get back to where I left off.
- Is there a subject you would never write about? I would never write about cheating on a spouse. I don’t read them either.
- How important are names in your books? How do you select names? Sometimes they are just names I like, but most of the time, I search baby books to find a name that matches something about the character. I don’t always remember them though! But it is important to start the book that way for me.
- What literary character is most like you? Um, I’m a comic book kind of girl. So I’m going to say Wonder woman. <grins>
- What is something you want to accomplish before you die? I’m not sure so bear with me while I ramble. I’ve jumped off a cliff into a sink hole, I’ve climbed a pyramid in Mexico. I’ve travelled around the world with the US Navy. I’m married, have two children, written and published books. I’m in a career I enjoy. I’ve never wanted to climb mountains or jump out of planes. Maybe I would go to culinary school. I love to cook. And learn to properly can food. I’d love to be able to do that.
- Where is one place you want to visit that you haven’t? Europe. Is that too broad? I want to visit a castle, see Piccadilly Square, walk in the Highlands, kiss the blarney stone, see that great art work in the Louvre and see the coliseum. I’d love to see Egypt but with the way the Middle East is, I don’t think I will ever go there.
- What books/authors have inspired you? Too many to name! Every author inspires me to create.
- What are you working on now? I am working on a dragon shifter book tentatively named A Dragon’s Treasure. I’m on the last chapter before sending it out to beta readers. Hopefully it will be out this year or early next year. I am also editing a military romance, Love Me Forever that will be coming in July in an anthology with Secret Cravings Publishing. I’m also working on edits on Stealing Hope A Dragon’s Fated Heart that will be coming to Ardent Books in August or September.
Corporal Nicholas ‘Saint’ Santiago needs to go home to reclaim the man he used to be. To be the man he was before Operation Enduring Freedom slowly hardened his heart. He needs to reconnect to the values and the reasons he is doing what he does. Saint also needs to try to forget the courageous woman he knows was meant to be his.
Petty Officer Angelina Jones’ life changed the moment Saint saved her life. She survived the blast but now has to deal with the fact that she will never be whole. Knowing Saint received a ‘Dear John’ letter, Angelina has no intention of being his rebound romance. She needs to be loved for herself. She needs to forget about the one man she knows was meant to be hers.
They each try to find someone to help them forget.
But what does fate have planned for them?
BUY & TBR LINKS
Nick quickly took advantage, pressing his hand deeper as he raised her up, her ass on his forearm. Angelina squirmed, rubbing against him. Nick bent and sucked a nipple into his mouth, teasing it through the silk. He slid a finger in and out of her heat, lightly rubbing her clit with his thumb. Angelina moaned and tightened around his finger. Pressing her close against him, Nick increased his thrusts. Nick bit her nipple and was rewarded with a cry as Angelina clamped down, drenching his hand as she came apart in his arms.
She placed her head against his shoulder, shivers running through her while her arms and legs tightened around him. Nick pulled his hand free from her warmth and licked his fingers clean, making smacking noises as he did.
“Pig.” It was so low Nick barely heard the comment. Nick chuckled as Angelina giggled in his arms.
“Did you want another glass of champagne?” Angelina shook her head and squirmed against him. Nick squeezed her to him, enjoying the feel of her, despite the tightness in his groin. “Are you ready for dinner? Or shall we just head straight to dessert?”
Corporal Nicholas ‘Saint’ Santiago
Saint is serving in Afghanistan when his heart is broken over a ‘Dear John’ letter. Everything seems to get worse at that point. Normally a happy go lucky kind of guy he seems to have lost his optimistic view of life. The only thing that stirs his interest is ‘Doc’ a female medic assigned to the FOB. Not wanting anymore entanglements, he ignores her. He knows that he needs to go home to find the place he belongs and bring back the man he was.
Angelina ‘Doc’ Jones
She had the hots for Santiago but everyone knew he’d been dumped. Doc didn’t want to be the rebound. She joined and became a corpsman against her parent’s wishes, knowing just that she had to serve. When the grenade changed her life, she needed reassurance and someone to love her despite her disability.
Beverly Ovalle dabbled with writing on and off for years when her best friend finally dared her to submit a story to a writing contest. Beverly decided she had nothing to lose and since she’d always wanted to be an author sent it in and agonized for months waiting to hear back. Contract in hand she has never looked back.
Beverly has been obsessed with dragons and romance since she was a young girl, collecting dragon books and reading everything she could find on them even down to the care of real life dragons. She’s always been slightly panicked that the world as we know it will end, so has prepped for it, haunting survivalist pages and prepper projects she felt she needed in the event SHTF.
An avid fan of all romance, Beverly’s goal is to share her love of the written word and write the hot and erotic romances that she enjoys. She writes what she loves to read and it was only a matter of time before her obsessions crept into her writing for her to share. She hopes you enjoy her tales as much as she loves writing them.
A Navy Veteran, Beverly has traveled around the world and the United States enabling her to bring her settings to life, meeting and marrying her husband of twenty five years along the way for her own romance. Reading romances since the fourth grade she’s followed as the genre changed and spread into the vast cornucopia of romance offered today.
AUTHOR FOLLOW LINKS
$25 Amazon gift card